Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 160 countries. With more than 24,000 employees around the world, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.Are you ready to take a new challenge in your career?
With over 700 employees in 8 countries Business Unit Cheese and Powder Systems develops, delivers and facilitates a competitive portfolio of process solutions for the Food Industry in close cooperation with the Tetra Pak Cluster organisations.
to join our team in Heerenveen, The Netherlands.
The aim of this role will be the design, realisation and commissioning of machine and process control systems, using PLC and HMI / SCADA systems. You will be responsible to provide support in Automation design to other areas like Sales, Issue resolution, PLC and PC.Main responsibilities
• Making customised technical solution in line with Tetra Pak strategy, standards, guidelines, tools and methods for automation design
• Making programming and specifications in time, with correct quality and at specified cost
• Designing, executing and testing the hardware of PLC/HMI/SCADA control systems
• Designing, executing and testing the software of PLC/HMI/SCADA control systems
• Testing and commissioning of hardware and software at customer site, (inter) national, for a short or long period of time
• Designing functional descriptions for software: HMI/SCADA/PLC
• Writing operating instruction manuals
• Cost price calculations of control systems for the product manual and projects
• Writing texts for quotations of control systems
• Provide training/instructions to internal employees and end users
• Troubleshooting by phone/ mail and on site
• Advice/ support of colleagues on automation aspects
• Responsible for a proper functioning of the control systems
• Supervision of the allocated budgets
• Providing training for other
Required profile:We believe you have
• Degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in an international environment
• Good knowledge and proven understanding of equipment and processes within the food/dairy industry, preferably in the cheese industry.
• Good understanding of Processing - Production Control; knowledge of Siemens (TIA Portal/S7, WINCC), Rockwell (Compact Logix, Panelview) and Wonderware
• Good computer literacy and industrial IT
• Fluent in English in both verbal and in writing
• Result oriented approach, with aim for improvement
• Ability to look at a problem from more sides, and discover the simple solutions that others might not catch
• Commitment and enthusiasm on the job
• Both technical and commercial approach with a structured and independent way of working
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
What we offer:
Great career opportunities within a professional team.